Most companies still do not have a blog solution for their business.
Blogs are basically an online content management system that allows users to post content in a time stamped basis, so it looks in effect like a diary.
The advantages of having a blog for your business means it is simple for anyone within the business to add content to the site.
It also has some great syndication and notification facilities to spread the word about your content automatically, so you can get content showing up in the search engines in a matter of days not weeks or months.
A blog will also show that your site is being updated regularly and the one thing that search engines love is regular content being added to a site . A blog also allows you to run a community online as your visitors will be able to comment on your blog posts and develop a rapport with you.
Benefits to running a blog
- Easy to add content to – Non technical so once built, your blog is as easy to manage as filling in a few boxes
- Search Engine friendly – Boost your Traffic as the major search engines love blogs and blog content, especially those with fresh, frequently updated articles
- Syndication facilities – Drive more direct traffic and share your knowledge easily
- Community Tools – Easily create feedback loops and ability to start conversations with visitors on site
- Quick and easy to deploy – Blogs can be up and running in a few hours
- Low cost – The major blog platforms are free to install so there are no upfront software costs only installation and configuration fees
- Mini sites – Easy for use to create mini or micro sites focused on one product or service